- This is the most annoying part of your day because somebody always goes missing and it’s hard to keep track of everybody in your family so I would stick with just immediate family - but of course.. This is YOUR day and request whatever is important to you.
- You want these to go by quickly, so guests aren't waiting too long and you have more time for photos after your ceremony.
- I would start with Grandparents because they are older and we don’t like to keep them waiting long.
- If somebody other than a parent raised you, feel free to include them in these combinations in place of that parent.
- Make a note of stepparents - whether you want photos with them or not, discuss that with you and your significant other.
Bride + Groom + Bride’s Grandparents
Bride + Groom + Bride’s Grandparents + Bride’s Parents + Siblings
Bride + Groom + Bride’s Parents + Siblings
Bride + Siblings
Bride + Dad
Bride + Mom
Bride + Groom + Groom’s Grandparents
Bride + Groom + Groom’s Grandparents + Groom’s Parents + Siblings
Bride + Groom + Groom’s Parents + Siblings
Groom + Siblings
Groom + Dad
Groom + Mom
Bride + Groom with officiant.
Bride + Groom with ring bearers + flower girls
Bride + Flower Girls
Groom + Ring Bearer
Bride + Groom with ushers
Bride + Groom by themselves
I would consider these combinations listed above the core of what you need - the immediate family. You could just do these and be done but if you wanted to add any other combinations within these groups you could do:
Generations Picture (Grandma, Mom, Daughter) or (Grandpa, Dad, Son)
Bride or Groom + Uncle or Aunt (maybe somebody who raised you in place of a parent)
Bride by herself with parents & siblings (or Groom by himself with parents & siblings).
I typically always do bride & groom together in photos because it is their wedding day, but sometimes people request just the bride or just the groom in photos.
Bride + just Grandpa (vice versa with Groom + Grandpa)
Bride + just Grandma (vice versa with Groom + Grandma)
Bride + Groom with Aunt, Uncle + Cousins (vice versa with Groom)
Bride + Cousins
Groom + Cousins
Bride + Groom + entire Smith family side
I hope this is helpful!